I hope you had a good weekend, and that your week is off to a good start! I’m excited because I will be going to Chicago and Milwaukee this week to visit my friends and family!
But, first, I wanted to talk to you about essential oils. Some people are familiar with them, but others are not. I started to get into them about a year ago, and they are a great natural solution.
One of the most basic and primary essential oils you should have on hand is lavender oil. This magical oil has numerous amazing benefits and will definitely come in handy if you have little ones to watch over.
The aroma from lavender oil is heavenly and is great to diffuse in your home. You only need about 3-4 drops. You can also apply it to your hands, wrists, chest, neck, and feet. Some people find it best to dilute 2-3 drops of the oil with 1-2 drops of fractionated coconut oil when applying directly to the skin. You can also apply some to your hand, then cup both hands around your mouth and breathe deeply. Inhalation of lavender essential oil can be very therapeutic.
Using these methods of application, lavender essential oil can:
1. Help You Sleep: Lavender oil has a soothing aroma that can ease insomnia and help you get an overall restful sleep at night.
2. Relieve Anxiety: Using lavender oil can have a calming and relaxing effect that eases tension from stress, nervousness, and anxiety.
3. Ease Pain From Minor Burns: Putting a few drops of lavender oil on a minor burn can help ease the pain from the burn, lower swelling, and even help guard against blistering.
4. Moisturize Your Skin: Get relief from dry, chapped, sunburned, or eczema skin problems with the smoothing and moisturizing effects of lavender oil.
5. Clean and disinfect minor cuts/wounds: Lavender oil helps to stop bleeding of minor cuts and scrapes. It is also an anti-bacterial so it will clean and disinfect these wounds as well. Apply 2-3 drops to the infected area.
It definitely comes in handy! I diffuse it at night to help me sleep, and I recently used it to heal a couple blisters on my finger. If you are interested in learning more about essential oils or if you would like a free sample of lavender, please contact me by clicking here. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.