Today, I want to discuss digestion. So many people suffer from digestive problems (heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas, etc.), and are so used to it that they have accepted it as normal. It is not normal to have digestive problems on a regular basis. I suffered with digestive problems for many years, but I never gave up on trying to find out what was causing them, and I finally did! I want to help you too if you are suffering from chronic digestive problems.
I believe that good digestion leads to a healthy life. One day I realized that in order to have good digestion, you must be detoxing properly. The light went off in my head. Detox for better digestion because good digestion leads to less inflammation and less inflammation leads to less disease in this world. Detox is vital in this toxic world. Let me say it again: decrease the inflammation and prevent disease.
Hippocrates said it best, “All disease begins in the gut.”
So, if this is true and disease begins in the gut, aka your digestive system, then having healthy & strong digestion is key. But… let me share one secret: when the body is toxic, your digestive system is weak. So even if you eat “clean” and only buy organic and hormone-free foods, you are still breathing toxicity in this world.
We live, eat, and breathe toxicity everyday. Look around your home and think of the paint on the walls, the rugs, the pesticides sprayed on your green grass, the exterminator to get rid of the bugs, and even if you are chemical–free in your home, is your makeup chemical-free?
Even if you are totally chemical-free and using make up that is aluminum-free plus other non-toxic chemicals, we are still living and that means eating, breathing, and sleeping in a toxic environment.
Unless you feel that are ready to live in a bubble or a hyperbaric chamber, then it is time to wake up to what I call “daily detox”. Detox is not anything to be scared about; instead, it is exciting to think about your body & cells actually functioning. I do not tell people that detox has to be living on juices, water only, smoothies, or just salad or soup. Detox is about lessening the toxic load in your body. As I say, “Taking out the trash.”
When we are toxic our body can not perform its job. The body can not metabolize properly, detox properly, absorb nutrients and minerals, or stay hydrated. It is a vicious cycle. Detox is necessary to be healthy, happy, & free of disease. We all have some low level inflammation because, again, we breathe but, even more, we stress in this busy world.
So, every time we stress, we create acid in our body, and our body is forced to pull mineral to buffer the acid waste, and then our liver, lymph, and kidneys begin to work hard to filter out the toxic load but what happens when the body is tired and clogged.
When your digestive system is not working and cannot break down these foods, it cannot focus on getting RID of TOXINS, and that means you cannot get rid of bloat, fat, skin breakouts and everything that keeps you tired.
TOXINS => INFLAMMATION => WEAK DIGESTION =>
- Difficult weight management
- Low energy
- Bad skin
Get where I am going with all of this?
By detoxing, YOU will improve digestion and therefore free your body of inflammation and toxins.
I offer seasonal detoxes, and am currently offering my summer detox. The foundation of this detox is NOT to ever feel deprived or starved. The goal is to help YOU do what I have learned to do in my own life: learn how to EAT CLEAN and learn what foods are IRRITATING your body.
Eating clean is a way of life, not a diet.
So, we begin to eat whole foods that promote detox in a safe and natural way. No, you do not have to only drink juices, or soups, or smoothies, or go on a grapefruit-eating-only diet. Instead, you need to eat foods that are not irritating your digestive system and clogging it up.
Is this making sense?
So here are my tips for staying healthy & detoxing naturally:
- Upon waking, drink warm or room water with lemon and 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar (if tolerated) and add a dash of cinnamon or cayenne.
- Start your day by being positive. Find a daily affirmation that gets you fired up. Some good examples are Louise Hay, Geneen Roth, Gabrielle Bernstein, and Marianne Williamson.
- Try getting quiet without yourself, even just for one minute, and say, “I release what does not serve me.” Hold your heart as you say this out loud and scream it if you want. Own that power.
- Drink fresh, green juices or make your own green juice with 1 tbsp chlorophyll and lemon and lime and water.
- Aim for one meal that is super easy on your digestion per day. Try a smoothie, green juice, or soup to give that digestion a rest.
- Get moving. Yes, exercise is one of the best ways to detox your body.
- Drink plenty of water & add lemon, lime, or grapefruit to flush the toxicity.
- Skin brushing is my favorite way to support the liver and get rid of those toxins
- Tongue Brushing.
- BE Happy & grateful for life.