Smoothies are a great way to get some vegetable servings in, especially for people who don’t like vegetables. If you make a smoothie right, you won’t even taste the vegetables. If you’ve been on Pinterest or Instagram for any amount of time, you’ve probably seen a decent number of green smoothie pictures floating around.
Why is that?
Because they’re good for you!
Green smoothies are a great way to get fiber, vitamins, and minerals – all served up in one glass that you can take on the go!
- Full of vitamins, enzymes, and minerals.
- Easy to digest, which means optimal assimilation of the nutrients you need.
- Great for stabilizing blood sugar (I always add a healthy fat, and fat is key for blood sugar stabilization).
- A fabulous way to consume a variety of different fruits or vegetables at one time.
- Terrific for cleansing the body of toxicity.
- An easy way to add more fiber to your diet.
When you add in a handful of greens to your smoothie, you can an extra dose of awesomeness in every serving!
Here are some of my favorite greens to add to smoothies:
- Swiss chard
If you are interested in trying some green smoothies, here is the recipe for my favorite smoothie, Thin Mint Fat Blasting Smoothie! I love it because I love mint chocolate chip ice cream, and it tastes just like it!
Also, I will be hosting a FREE online 7 Day Green Smoothie Challenge on October 18-24. If you sign up, you will receive an e-book with 16 additional tasty smoothie recipes. To sign up, click here.